Hiya! I made some eggs the other week and didn’t have the time to put them on! Unfortunately i only have one pic 😦 but they look really cool. Read on and see how i made the egg cupcakes :D. xx
- 12 mini vanilla cupcakes baked in white paperliners
- 1 cup white candy melting wafers (wilton)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 a cup prepared lemon curd
- Yellow and red food colouring
- 1 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 7 plastic easter eggs
- 1 clean egg carton (optional)
- Place the white candy wafers in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds and stir. Repeat this prosses until the candies are melted and smooth, about 1 minute total.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place in the refrigerator. Lightly oil a paper towel with the vegetable oil. Rub the inside of each plastic egg half with the oiled paper towel. Using your finger or a small brush, generously coat the inside of an oiled plastic egg half with melted candy. Transfer the egg, open side down, to the cookie sheet in the refrigerator. repeat with the remaining melted candy and plastic eggs. After a few minutes, check and touch up any eggs where the candy is too thin or there is a hole. Return to the refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the hardened candy from the plastic eggs without breaking it (you will need 6-9 whole egg halves, plus any broken pieces for finishing).
- Tint the lemon curd egg yolk with 1 drop of red and five drops of yellow food colouring. Spoon the tinted lemon curd into a small ziplock bag, press out the excess air, and seal.
- Spread the tops of the cupcakes with the vanilla frostin and smooth. Snip a small corner of the bag with the lemon curd. For the egg yolks, pipe a small amount of lemon curd on top of each of the frosted cupcakes. For the whole eggs place the candy egg shell, Open side down, on top of the lemon curd to cover. For the broen eggs arrange broken pieces of shells around the yolk. Place the cupcakes in a clean egg carton.
Happy making 😀 xx