I made a chocolate fudge cake the other day and it tasted gorgeous! Here is the recipe and some pics xx
For the cake
- 4 eggs
- 250g butter/ stalk
- 200g flour
- 250g sugar
- 60g coco powder
For the frosting
- 75g butter
- 3tbsp milk
- 3tbsp soft brown sugar
- 6tsp golden syrup
- 300g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190 °C/375 °F
- Mix together the eggs, butter, sugar and flour in a bowl/mixer. until it’s a liquid.
- Then sift in the coco powder until the entire mixture is a chocolaty colour.
- Now pour into a greased and lined 6-7″ baking tin and place in the oven for 30-35mins.
- Remove from oven (carefully -do not plonk down) place the cake tin gently on a heat proof surface and use a cake tester to check if it is ready. If not then put back in the oven for a few more minutes and check again until done and leave to cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the fudge frosting! Gently melt the butter, milk, sugar and syrup in a saucepan.(if you want put some chocolate in there too :P)
- Beat in the icing sugar.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Next go back to the cake and lift it out the tin onto a clean surface.
- Slice the cake in half and leave for a moment.
- Once the frosting has set use it to sandwich the cake together.
- After that cover your cake with frosting.
- You’re all done now all that’s left is the tidying up 😦