come on let your colours burst, make them go oh oh oh.. look what my mum made last bonfire night! I think I might do something to celebrate too so give me some ideas!!!!!! xox
This Sunday was the 25th wedding anniversary of two people in our church called Lyn and Rodger. Their children (now grown up) asked my to make a suprise cake for them and this is what I came up with.
/they loved it and so do I. It just showes that you don’t need a qualification to make a cake! Anyone can have a go! ☺ enjoy xx (btw it is sponge cake and has three layers mmm…)
The other day I went to morrisons and bought 100 animal print cup cake cases for only £1! I couldn’t help my self I just had to use them soon so here is what I’ve been up to xx
- 24 cupcakes made in the animal print cases
- round about 325g buttericing
- a packet of mini marshmallows
- ice all the cakes evenly with the buttericing.
- heat up the kettle and fill a cup with hot water
- using a pallet knife wet the top of the cakes then place the marshmallows on and they should stick.
TADA!!! mmm.. xx Happy Eating!!
These are the rainbow cakes I made for my best friend’s sister (Ria Manwell) a while back!
- 2 eggs
- 130g self-raising flour
- 130g butter/ stork
- 130g sugar
- 3 food colourings of your choice (I chose blue, green and pink)
- 100g butter (@ room temperature)
- 200g icing sugar
- 1/2 a tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/ 190 °C/ 375 °C
- Mix the butter/ stork & sugar together then add the eggs and sift in the flour. Stir together until smooth.
- Separate mixture into 3 bowls evenly, pour 1 colour in each bowl and mix until you are happy with the colour (note: the colours go lighter after you have cooked them)
- Prepare your cupcake tray and when finished choose one colour (blue) and separate it evenly into all the cases; then choose another colour (green) and do the same on top of the first colour (blue); now do the same with the final colour.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Whilst the cakes are in the oven make the butter icing
- Slice the butter into cubes and mix with the icing sugar.
- Add the vanilla essence and (some hot water if necessary)
- Take the cakes out of the oven and place them on a cooling rack.
- When cool spread the butter icing on the top and your done lovely little rainbow cakes! ^_^